The principals of HPK formed the firm by combining two well-established Denver law firms Petros & White, LLC and Petrock & Fendel, PC., specializing in water rights and natural resources. We have represented most of our clients for many years and obtain great satisfaction in such long-term relationships. Our clients include municipalities, counties, special districts, ditch companies, ranchers and other individual land and water right owners, non-profit organizations, ski areas, mining companies, real estate developers and other commercial entities.
At HPK, we advise clients on a broad array of surface and ground water matters, including:
- Strategic planning
- Water right analyses
- Adjudication and administration of new water rights, changes of water rights, groundwater determinations, exchanges, and augmentation plans
- Purchase and sale of water and water rights
- Permitting, environmental reviews, and construction of water facilities
- Preparation of water use agreements, carriage agreements, easements and covenants
- Drafting and review of proposed regulations and legislation
Our private and governmental clients trust our proven track record of acquiring, changing, and defending water rights throughout Colorado and Wyoming. Our local government work for clients includes extensive experience in representing and negotiating with municipalities, counties, special districts, and utilities.
In our business practice, HPK assists clients with transactions and real estate matters involving both land and water rights. Our public lands and water/land use practice includes assisting our clients with applications, easements, rights of way, and land exchanges, as well as administrative proceedings and litigation in state and federal courts. We also have considerable experience in the application of state and local land use, water quality, wetland and environmental regulations to water and other projects.